Week 22 controlling emotions
This week we’ve started to read Og Mandino’s sixth scroll. The scroll gives us the solution to all existing procrastination and excuses for not doing.
Our feelings exist. Just as there are natural cycles: tides, bloom and go and back again, so we feel good and then something will make us feel the opposite. If we are driven by external locus of control, we will be subjected to mood, we won’t be able to control the mood and therefore we won’t control our actions and productivity. We won’t be effective. We won’t be able to use the 7 types of thinking effectively, because we’re busy being a victim.
However, if we are driven by internal locus of control, we understand that we master our destiny; we are responsible for 100 % to everything that happens in our lives, and therefore, no excuses!
I write this blog a day later them it should be, and blog of week 21- I write week later then it should be. So yes, I have many reasons, nice excuses. Suppose that I didn’t feel good, I had flu. Og Mondino says in the 6th scroll: “If I feel sick – I’ll double my work.” That is, the subconscious is doing what we want. And apparently I needed to be sick. But I ran the wrong way, and instead of working double – I gave up. Thus I lost my access to the back office of the course. No excuses, there are solutions.
If we let our emotions lead us, we won’t get far. We all feel fear, guilt, anger, vulnerability, worthlessness from time to time, and all kinds of excuses that keep us in our comfort zone. We already know that the inner world is reflected in the outside world . Fear will bring more fear; guilt will lead to more guilt.
Og Mandino gave us a great tool for getting out of the comfort zone, or rather – expand it , by actions contrary to feeling that sticking us to the groung . Then we can decide on our actions. Actions are those that bring results. Our blue-Print changes constantly by all actions we persist in doing the course.
Therefore, if we act according to the advice of Og Mandino, we can win the game:
• If I feel depressed, I will sing.
• If I feel sad, I will laugh.
• If I feel ill , I will double my labor .
• If I feel fear, I will plunge ahead.
• If I feel inferior, I will wear new garments.
• If I feel uncertain, I will raise my voice.
• If I feel poverty, I will think of wealth to come.
• If I feel incompetent, I will remember past success.
• If I feel insignificant, I will remember my goals.
Today I will be master of my emotions.
On the other hand – we have to keep a balance, so :
• If I become overconfident, I will recall my failures.
• If I overindulge, I will think of past hungers.
• If I feel complacency, I will remember my competition.
• If I enjoy moments of greatness, I will remember moments of shame.
• If I feel all-powerful, I will try to stop the wind.
• If I attain great wealth, I will remember one unfed mouth.
• If I become overly proud, I will remember a moment of weakness.
• If I feel my skill is unmatched, I will look at the stars.
I will control my feelings , I’ll be their master , and act as a conductor : winners never leaving , always end up winning the race , winners continue forward despite the fear ! I’m winning!